Today was my last (highschool) recital for Mrs. Crummie. I sang three songs by myself and one with Abbey, all of which will be on my recital. I worked the room quite well and generally had a good time, it's fun to sing for an audience where you can look at everyone and attempt to explain to each person what I'm trying to sing...even if some of it was in German.
My recital and all other graduation occasions are quick on my heels, some already within biting distance. But things are mostly falling into place, I have a job at 'the plant' working 20 hours per week for the summer. My school work is almost done. As for when actually done will happen, who knows!
All in all my summer looks fun, I plan on making a little money (that I probably spend most of on clothes...sad I know...), working through Calculus, reading some of my neglected books, practicing 'cello, taking voice lessons, going on my trips (the Fling and Wildwood), and most importantly hanging out with my friends and the family.
Now, the fun topic! My "Pittstart" program! I officially now know (1) where (the frat houses on the hill) and when (Thursday and Saturday nights) all the parties are and (2) that it's hard to get a fake I.D. in Oakland but that you don't really need one to get booze anyway. I also learned that it's hard to schedule your classes around the partying because almost everything has a Friday morning section.
I also have almost all of the classes that I wanted. I'll post my schedule later.
Random things that I have been internetizing recently:
For kicks:
http://www.googlemethemovie
Because I can't focus when writing papers:
http://hogbaysoftware.com
If I was going to have a/an [(insert-life-stage-here)] crisis I would buy:
http://www.tumbleweedhouses
My potential starting salary (hehe) or the average salary for people who graduate with my major according to CNN and Careerbuilder:
Economics - $52,926
You might have guessed that Music (which doesn't make any money right out of school) and Russian (too obscure) did not make the list.
Radio documentaries (totally different than reading and watching T.V.)
http://americanradioworks.publicradio.org/
Here's to hoping this doesn't happen to me too much.
Later.
~Beth
1 comment:
Beth,
It sounds like you are entering into the stage of life that I am just now getting ready to depart from. Congrats. I'll come hang out with you in Oakland once I move back.
Post a Comment