This post is partially in response to Doug's.
I too have often felt that I do not understand how to act upon all of my knowledge. However college has mercifully been all about doing for me. I am constantly doing things, which is not anything I have done before.
Response over.
Just to keep you all up to date on the minutia of my life:
I have...
Joined and quit orchestra
Joined and quit the Carpathian music ensemble
Applied and gotten accepted (I think...?) to the multimedia department of the Pitt News
Almost applied for the A&E and will hopefully be accepted there as well.
Joined the University Honors College group called Pizza and plays
Joined the undergraduate economics society
Made friends (of the Orthodox Jewish, Roman Catholic, Agnostic, Atheistic, Presbyterian varieties.)
Hung out with my roommates
Cleaned dirty things
Made really good food
Eaten said really good food
Practiced a lot
Gotten behind on economics
Passed two tests
Written a paper
Been confused by my Chinese econ T.A. and my Ukrainian econ Professor (did I mention my Colombian Music Theory prof?)
Been extremely bored with (and/or sometimes too excited in contrast to) my fellow students in my freshman seminar.
and have become opposed to the "Clean Indoor Air Act."
I'm quite excited about my working at the paper prospects. I'm sure that I will be learning a lot (definitely the goal of my college experience) and I will get to know a lot of interesting (and interested) people, which are my favorite kind. More to come on this with a possible link to some of my work!
It has just struck me how many different lives our family lives but how we all still have so much in common. I am thankful for that.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad for your action. good work on that. keep doing things. you only get to be in college once.
i think it's kind of fun that you went to college and quit/didn't do all the things you were planning on & ended up with a bunch of stuff you didn't plan on doing.
good work.
abbey
Post a Comment